.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I can't call it relief, but...

I just met with the superintendent and I feel a little better and a little worse...

He assured me that the district and the union will do everything in their power to make sure that teachers don't get cut - it may make teaching a tough profession for a few years, larger class sizes, no new materials, fewer support staff, etc. BUT it could save my job. He also assured me that my time here will come into play when they are looking and non-renewals, as will my ESL and Language Arts endorsements. I would also have unofficial priority in being hired back if I were let go. He said that my job performance has been great and that if I were let go, it would be a business decision, nothing else.

On the other hand, he has no idea how bad the deficit will be, when we'll get numbers that will tell us anything, or how the union will react to all of this.

So, just like yesterday, I don't really know anything - but at least I know I'm not being singled out or pushed out and that if there is any fiscal way for the district to keep me, they will.

And - you should all be proud of me, I didn't cry at all while he was here. I'm choked up now but trying to keep the mascara in place so that my 3rd period kids don't freak out... I have 25 minutes to gain composure.

::sigh:: back to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews