.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Written in ink.

I got a tattoo on Tuesday.

I carried Addison for nine months. My body protected her, nourished her, grew her, and then brought her into the world. When I held her in my arms for the first time I understood the quote about having my heart going walking around outside my body. Losing that bond with her - that physical connection we had before she was born - was painful for me. I needed something to symbolize that bond - something physical, something permanent.

I got Addison's first and middle names tattooed on the inside of my right foot along with the symbol for the bond between mother and daughter. It hurt. Badly. It was worth it.

9 comments:

  1. Greetings from Malaysia! Hopping over from Completely Eclipsed and congrats on being featured! Your baby is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. What font did you use? or is it your hand writing?

    I want to get my 1 year old daughters name tattooed and I love your font :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to look for the font on my home computer - I'll post a link for the website where I downloaded it for free... glad you like it - I adore it and am so glad I had it done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The font is called 'Quilline Script Thin'... Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much :) p.s. you have a gorgeous family..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why, thank you! I think they're pretty awesome, but I could be biased =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you post the Ling where you found the "mother daughter symbol" ..... Loved reading you Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why Did you get the tattoo on your feet if you dislike feet? and Can you post the Link for the symbol I so want to get two one for each of my daughters :) I love reading everything you write :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alica, I only hate other people's feet, not mine :) and I wanted it somewhere that it would be visible but not in-your-face since I'm a teacher... the original idea was to have it on the inside of my wrist but I figured that'd send my middle school students for a loop. Honestly, I don't have a link for the picture - a friend of my from high school has the same symbol and I just used a picture of hers - sorry! She saw it on a necklace somewhere and that's how she got the idea... anyway, glad you love the blog :) That always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews