.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Apparently Hammy does not enjoy Mexican food...

Yesterday, Derek and I were sitting around trying to decide what we wanted to do (read: eat)... I had a hankering for Safeway sandwiches and he mentioned tacos for dinner. So, off to Safeway we went to get all the goods... the sandwich was awesome (even though they don't make the best one anymore - Hail Caesar.... soooooo goood... I had to settle for California Dreamin' - same sandwich but instead of an awesome caesar cream cheese spread, it had ranch...) but when dinner rolled around, I just wasn't into the idea of tacos. But, Derek had cooked them and I felt bad for having him do all the work - so we ate tacos. He tried to make double decker tacos like at Taco Bell... well... the shells weren't exactly the right sizes...

So, after a good laugh (and a quick picture because it looked SO ridiculous) we ate, watched Grey's Anatomy, and off I went to bed.... I woke up around 1am with the most horrific pain in my stomach - it felt like I was being stabbed with a hot poker. I laid there for a while, trying to get comfortable and running through the list of pregnancy complications in my brain. When I was satisfied that it was my tummy, not my baby that was in trouble I migrated into the bathroom and waited for the storm. I puked so much and so hard that I feel like I got punched in the gut this morning when I woke up... every bit of my taco dinner came back up (don't worry, I didn't take pictures of that...). I haven't puked that hard since the night I broke my nose. After three hours of laying on the bathroom mat, the puking subsided (because I'm pretty sure there was nothing left) and I crawled back into bed. When my alarm went off this morning, I made the exectutive decision to stay home - I wasn't about to try breakfast and find out on my way to work whether or not it was going to stay down. Plus, I feel like I swallowed acid, it hurts to talk, and my gut is so sore that I'm walking around like a little old lady... I still haven't gotten up the courage to eat anything but I'm hungry so I guess I'll have to give it a go here in a few...
I rolled out of bed around 10:15 and had to laugh when I walked out into the TV room... Skyla, who apparently thinks rules only apply when there are humans to enforce them was curled up in my spot, on my pillow, with my blanket... and instead of scurrying for cover and pretending it didn't happen, like the cat would do, she just laid there and looked at me like, "but I'm so comfy, mom!" Again, had to take a picture because she's just too stinkin' cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews