.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Monday, August 31, 2009

State of the Uterus (Update)

I took Derek and my parents with me to my ultrasound and appointment today and we got good news...

Cervix: Didn't get checked today - but we'll start checking it every week starting 9/8 (next Tuesday).

Contractions: I've been having a lot of painful Braxon Hicks contractions and back pain the last few days. Yesterday they were 10 minutes apart for about an hour but they went away after that...

Tests: Strep B came back positive so I'll have to have antibiotics during labor. Not a big deal but a hassle. The big news is that we had our ultrasound today and baby is head down!!!! No c-section here! Other great news is that she is still a she (hooray!) and she weighs about 6 lbs. 7 oz. right now.

Verdict: I'M OFF BED REST!!!!!!! ::does a little dance:: We are full term, head down, and allowed to deliver any time from here on out... yea!!!! Doctor says about half of the women he treats go off their meds and deliver in a week, the rest go full term so it's a 50/50 shot. I'm very much hoping to go sooner rather than later but either way we're almost there!!

Baby's Position: Head down, feet in my ribs.

Our next appointment is on 9/8... unless we go into labor before that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews