At first I was afraid, I was petrified...
I don't know if that is an appropriate song for surviving pregnancy but it's in my brain anyway... I just got back from my friend's medical practice and we have a plan of attack for this stupid PUPPPS crap... It may or may not make a huge difference but I feel better knowing that I'm trying something and that it isn't something that could hurt the baby (icky meds).
So here is my regimen for PUPPPS...
- Did acupuncture today, may go back next week for another treatment
- Got a referral for massage therapy a couple times a week
- Try and stay relaxed (haha... that's funny if you really know me but I'll give it a shot)
- Avoid any foods with yellow, red, blue, or green dyes
- Avoid foods loaded with preservatives
- Get as much vitamin K as possible - soy beans, egg yolks, kale, spinach...
- Continue trying to drink 2 liters of water in a 24 hour period... ugh.
- Take 1 tbsp. of Frutol (fish oil/pro biotic/everything else supplement) daily
- Take 1000 mg of vitamin C twice to three times daily
- Drink 3-4 cups of Dandelion Tea with Raspberry Leaf Tea daily
- Take urtica (homeopathic treatment) 3 pellets once or twice daily
- Continue taking prenatal/multivitamin daily
- Continue calcium supplements daily
- Take oatmeal baths to relieve itching
- Use oatmeal based lotions and soaps
- Use Caladry (Calamine lotion with Benedryl) on itchy spots
- Continue taking Nifidipine every 4 hours for contractions
- Take Atarax every 6 hours for itching
Side note: the tea I have to drink tastes like marijuana... don't ask me how I know, I'll plead the fifth.