.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Friday, August 21, 2009

I will survive.

At first I was afraid, I was petrified...

I don't know if that is an appropriate song for surviving pregnancy but it's in my brain anyway... I just got back from my friend's medical practice and we have a plan of attack for this stupid PUPPPS crap... It may or may not make a huge difference but I feel better knowing that I'm trying something and that it isn't something that could hurt the baby (icky meds).

So here is my regimen for PUPPPS...

Stress Management:
- Did acupuncture today, may go back next week for another treatment
- Got a referral for massage therapy a couple times a week
- Try and stay relaxed (haha... that's funny if you really know me but I'll give it a shot)

Diet:
- Avoid any foods with yellow, red, blue, or green dyes
- Avoid foods loaded with preservatives
- Get as much vitamin K as possible - soy beans, egg yolks, kale, spinach...
- Continue trying to drink 2 liters of water in a 24 hour period... ugh.

Supplements:
- Take 1 tbsp. of Frutol (fish oil/pro biotic/everything else supplement) daily
- Take 1000 mg of vitamin C twice to three times daily
- Drink 3-4 cups of Dandelion Tea with Raspberry Leaf Tea daily
- Take urtica (homeopathic treatment) 3 pellets once or twice daily
- Continue taking prenatal/multivitamin daily
- Continue calcium supplements daily

Topical:
- Take oatmeal baths to relieve itching
- Use oatmeal based lotions and soaps
- Use Caladry (Calamine lotion with Benedryl) on itchy spots

Medical:
- Continue taking Nifidipine every 4 hours for contractions
- Take Atarax every 6 hours for itching

Side note: the tea I have to drink tastes like marijuana... don't ask me how I know, I'll plead the fifth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews