.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Friday, August 21, 2009

I should have paid attention in Home Ec.

I started off my endeavor with a quilt that we received at a baby shower, my mom's sewing machine, $20 in fabric, and not a clue as to what I was doing. I haven't sewn anything other than buttons since the 7th grade...

I dug out the instruction manual and drew up a diagram to figure out my color pattern and dimensions... look closely and you can see all the places where I had to scribble out and start over...

My fabric choices... would you have expected any different?

I learned very quickly that I lack the steady hand required to cut straight lines...

I sewed the squares into strips and then sewed the strips together... it was tedious and I had several swearing bouts when the bobbin went crazy... I only sewed the wrong pieces together once which was better than I was expected...

Ta-Da!!
Just don't look too closely... there are LOTS of mistakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews