.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Scary Day...

When I woke up this morning, I just didn't feel "right". I was over-tired, sick to my stomach, and feeling crampy. On my way to work the cramps got stronger and as I pulled up to the school I was second guessing my decision to go to work. I called the answering service at my OB's office around 7:30 and had them page the doctor for me. I taught first period but my kids knew I wasn't feeling well and kept asking if I was okay. I called the doctor's office back at 8:30 after hearing nothing and feeling worse. During my prep period I talked to Dr. H's nurse, since Dr. was in surgery. She told me to go home, get off my feet, and drink as much fluid as I could but to call back if the cramps got worse or if I started having any contractions. I called for a sub, tried to get my room in order so whoever came in could teach what I had intended, and headed out the door. I got home just before 10:00 and curled up in the chair. In the next twenty minutes, I had four contractions and in hysterics I called Derek and told him I wanted to go to the hospital. He came home right away and we went straight to Memorial. I have to say, when you walk into a hospital at 21 weeks and say you are having contractions, you get in faster than someone with chest pain! As soon as the woman behind the desk heard the words "contractions" and "21 weeks" I was through registration and on my way up to Labor and Delivery. The nurse listened to baby and everything sounded good so she hooked me up to a monitor and we waited for thirty minutes to count the contractions. They calmed down a bit but I had a couple while I was there. Baby was moving all over the place - I think she knew something was up. The nurse checked my cervix and it was closed up and where it was supposed to be. Doctor gave me the okay to go home as long as I stayed off my feet and took it easy to the weekend.

I have never been so scared in my entire life. I felt so helpless and panicked. I can't (and don't want to) imagine what it would be like to have something happen to this baby. I don't think I would ever forgive myself if something happened to this baby because my body was too incompetent to protect her. The good news is, I'm okay, she's okay, and as long as I take it easy - we should stay that way. We just need to make it 19 more weeks and then I'll be more than happy to hang out in Labor and Delivery - but not any sooner!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are okay, pregnancy is scary so hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness everything is alright with you & your little one!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews