.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Friday, July 31, 2009

::side eyes the universe::

Okay. Enough already.

I get the whole karma thing. What goes around, comes around and all that. I also realize that while I have done some incredibly selfish and awful things in my life, I have also had my share of the shit storm. I think my cosmic checkbook is balanced, so why am I being tortured like this???? Seriously, bad things come in threes but this is ridiculous...

Allow me to explain... I have had an ache in my rib cage for months now. I told my doctor about it and he said it was most likely from baby pushing up and there wasn't much we could do. So, I tried to deal with it as best I could and not complain (too much) but it kept getting worse. I didn't bring it up at my appointments because I thought I would come across as whiny. Over the last ten days or so, the pain has gotten exponentially worse and the pain seemed to be coming more from my skin and not deeper down at the bone. This past week has been excruciating - I'm in tears at least once a day because it hurts so bad and nothing helps - heat, cold, Tylenol, aloe, we tried it all. Last night, it woke me up at 3am and I wanted to claw my skin off... It's like being continuously burned with a hot poker but there is no evidence of my suffering on my skin (which is maddening). I called the doctor this morning and they had me come down to get checked. The nurse looked at the area that was hurting and immediately went to get the doctor. So I'm left there thinking, "Oh great. What now??" Turns out, I'm developing shingles. EFFING SHINGLES!!! Since I don't have blisters (yet) they can't prescribe me any medication so I just have to suffer and feel like I'm burning alive until A) the blisters appear or B) my immune system fights it off. Neither options sound appealing to me. At least there isn't any danger to baby and I can't give shingles to Derek or my parents.

So when I'm not in pain from contractions, I'm suffering from nerve pain. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews