.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring, huh?

So, yesterday I left a sunny and reasonably warm (55 degrees) Zillah to head home from work. As soon as I got in the car I noticed that everything West of me was shrouded in big, nasty black clouds. As I got closer to home the thunder and lightening started up and made for a great show. When I got to the top of the Konnowak Pass the hail started coming down in HUGE pellets! I was scared that it was denting my car - at the biggest they must have been the size of brussel sprouts! I made it home and found myself again, under a patch of clear blue sky surrounded on all sides by big black coulds (usually I feel like it's the other way around!!) Then another storm moved through and again we were bombarded with hail, thunder and lightening, wind, rain, and even a little snow. Happy friggin' April!


The first storm was moving out when I got home but the blackest point up in the hills was over Konnowak pass, where I got nailed with the giant hail!
I know this is nothing compared to Texas hail (Yes, Ryan, I saw your photos) but still, it was enough to make a whole lot of noise and scare the critters!
I thought we were done with the white stuff for the year!!
The next storm moving in (I took the video below about 3 minutes after this picture).
Goodbye blue sky :(

I got out there as soon as it started coming down and then went back in when the UPS man arrived. I didn't want to look like a tourist!! :)


Annnnd, we're under a blanket of white. Again.

The kicker... it's supposed to be 78 degrees on Saturday. Welcome to Washington!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews