.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

See Spot... Walk...

This morning I got up and took Skyla to the See Spot Run 5k Run/Walk. We got there and made our way to the registration table where my very obedient and well mannered dog proceeded to jump up on to the table and begin devouring the bowl of dog treats. The kind man working the table offered to entertain her while I filled out my paperwork and by the time I had written my name, address, birthdate, and check - he was covered in doggy drool. She then drug me over to the t-shirt table where I picked up my lime green t-shirt... size small. After some creative work, I got the shirt over my boobs and belly and wrangled the dog long enough to find Heidi, Paula, and Tonya waiting patiently with Lucy. After Skyla and Lucy exchanged butt sniffs, we made our way to the starting line and took off at a... walk. :) Sklya, being the ever conscious dog that she is - refused to poop, drink, or eat while among strangers but I did take her down to the river for a quick dip and I think she was thankful for that... We raced around the course and managed to come in with times just under 55 minutes... I think the guy who won did it in 18, so we were hot on his tail! It was a good way to start the morning, although now I need a nap, a bacon cheeseburger, and some tylenol for my hips - but that is all becoming commonplace. The dog is passed out in the shade outside and I'm about to pass out in the chair under the A/C vent...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews