.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Weighting Game

Okay, the zipper on my fat suit is stuck and I'm getting annoyed.

Once upon a time (about a year ago) I weighed in at a solid 125 pounds. I had been at that weight since college and I was okay with it. My clothes fit, I was comfortable enough to wear a bikini, and I felt okay about how I looked. Fast forward to January 19th of this year... I peed on a stick, got a plus sign, and then hopped on the scale. The day that I found out I was pregnant I weighed 130 pounds. We'll blame that on the holiday food and drink and not the two weeks of pregnancy :) Fast forward nine months and put me on the scale the day I delivered... I weighed in at a whopping 175 pounds ::gags:: Thankfully, a lot of that was water weight and within a week I had dropped down to 150. By two weeks I was at 145 and now, at five weeks I weigh in at 136 pounds. I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but even more than that, I just want to fit into all my jeans. I used to be a size 5/6 and now a 9/10 is baggy and a 7/8 is skin tight. So... I have devised a plan...

1. Continue breastfeeding. (It burns an extra 500 calories per day)
2. Complete the 30 Day Shred Workout
3. Go for a 1-2 mile walk each day (weather permitting) at the park
4. Stretch every day or do yoga
5. Limit carbs ::cries:: and load up on protein and veggies
6. Drink at least 48 oz. of water every day
7. Take meds and vitamins every morning (Celexa, birth control, prenatal vitamin, vitamin C, B complex, fish oil, and probiotic)
8. Get as much sleep as possible at night... at least 7 hours (Addison permitting)

My goal is to be able to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans by the time I go back to work (December 1st.). I don't really care what the scale says since I'm hoping to gain a little muscle and lose a bunch of fat but if my pants fit, I'll be a happy camper. I'm giving myself the month of November to drop one and a half pant sizes. If I can do it, I'll treat myself to a spa day before I go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews