Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen

Stefani's favorite books »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'd like an IV with a side of cherry popsicle, please...

Yesterday started out crappy - I must have turned my alarm off in my sleep because 20 minutes after I was supposed to be up, Derek woke me and I hurried off to the shower. I felt sick but I thought it was because I went from a dead slumber to a million miles an hour in 3.2 seconds but as the day wore on I started feeling worse and worse. I called for a sub just before lunch and headed home, praying that I wouldn't puke all over myself before I got there. I walked in the door, set my stuff down, changed clothes, walked into the bathroom... and puked my guts out. Afterwards, I tried sipping on some water but that all came back up too. My fever wasn't horrific, only 100.5, but I felt like crap. I tried to sleep it off but when Derek got home he insisted I take some Tylenol for the fever and try to drink some Gatorade... I kept it down for about 15 minutes but then it all came back up. So, got our stuff and headed to Memorial (I had called earlier and they said if I couldn't keep liquids down, I needed to come in). We got there around 6pm and got set up in a room. They hooked me up to a fetal monitor and a uterine monitor and we listened to Addison rockin' and rollin' around - obviously not please with the state of my uterus. I think she was hot and thirsty and having something clamped down on her really pissed her off. It took about two hours to get hooked up to an IV, we got there just after shift change and apparently 6 women had come in all at once and all of them were in labor. Once they got the IV in, the nurse fed me a Popsicle (she's my hero for that small gesture) and left me to absorb the meds and fluids. I drained that bag and since I really didn't have to pee, she decided to hook me up to another bag. I drained that one too... and still didn't have to pee. Apparently, I was a tad dehydrated. At 11pm, she unhooked me and sent us home. We were both thankful because neither one of us was very comfortable - the hospital bed almost killed my back and Derek couldn't lay out on the couch because he's too long... I slept until about 11am this morning and so far, I'm feeling better. I've been drinking my Gatorade and had some toast and so far (fingers crossed) it's all stayed down. There is never a dull moment in this house... that's for sure.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews