.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Now and then...

I was laying in bed the other night thinking about the fact that this is the end of a decade. I started thinking about where I was the night that we rang in the new millenium and how drastically my life has changed in every aspect since then. I thought it would be fun to look back at where I was then and where I am now... it's amazing how much has changed.

I rang in 2000 at my parents beach house with my mom and dad and my high school boyfriend, Josh. I was 18 years old and a senior at Marysville-Pilchuck High School. I was working at Cascade Vet Clinic as a receptionist and was fully planning on going to Vet school at WSU. I had been dating josh for 3 years and I honestly thought that someday he and I would get married. I spent my free time at the barn taking care of my horse, Domino, and hiking and rock climbing with Josh.

Now, looking at tomorrow and the start of 2010, I realize how much has changed. We'll be ringing in 2010 in our own home (but my parents will be here, so one thing is the same!!) in Moxee. I'm 28 (gulp) years old and for once in my life, not a student. Instead, I am a middle school English teacher in Zillah. I've been with Derek for 8 years, married to him for 5 and am now a mom (something I never thought would happen in a million years, let alone ten...). My spare time now is still spent riding when I can but also cooking, blogging, and playing with Addison. The last ten years have also included a wedding, two college degrees, a trip to Italy, a honeymoon in Mexico, and a whole host of new friends.

It's a complete 180 from where I was ten years ago... I can't believe I thought I had my life figured out at 18. If I had followed through with the plans I had made back then I would be missing out on this amazing life that I have been blessed with. So, 2010 bring it on... let's see what the next ten years have in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews