.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Expecting the Unexpected...


I am a little bit awestruck...

Yesterday I took my hundreth (a bit of an exaggeration...) pregnancy test. I've taken so many that I almost don't even look at the results anymore because I just expect them to be negative. So imagine my surprise when yesterday morning, before church, the test came back postive!! We have tried for so long (over 3 years...) and been told so many times that it might not happen that I couln't believe my eyes and neither could Derek, he thought I was sleepwalking! We still have a long road ahead of us, the next 9 weeks will tell us a lot - but I am pregnant and I can't even find words to explain how thankful I am to have this chance.

On another note... I have discovered that "morning sickness" has less to do with "morning" and a whole lot more to do with "sickness". I told myself that if I were so lucky as to get pregnant that I would not complain once about any of the accompanying symptoms - but wow... I had no idea it would be like this so early.

I'm taking a blood test today to find out how far along I am, but judging by the calendar it looks like I'll be due around the 1st of October. Keep us in your prayers...

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Ry and I are so excited for you guys. And don't worry the morning sickness is something you will forget. (at least you'll forget how bad it is!!!) Keep us updated on how you're holding up, I'll give you a shoulder to vent on!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews