.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

This past weekend we went to Camano Island to spend some time with my family and say goodbye to my Grandma Cushman. Derek, Addison, and I drove over Thursday morning to meet up with my parents, aunt, and cousins on the island. We had a great night together, eating spaghetti and drinking wine, while reminiscing about Grandma and our favorite memories with her. Friday morning we got up, headed to the cemetery, and had a small grave side service in her honor. While I was getting ready that morning, I came up with a poem (see, being an English teacher comes in handy sometimes) that I read at the service. It was hard to read and I couldn't keep from crying but I am glad that I did it... After the service we all headed to lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory (are you seeing a theme with our dining choices??) before going back to the island. Things went downhill after lunch - we got back to the island with a baby who hadn't napped ALL day [which for those of you non-toddler wielding people = a SCREAMING, crabby baby], to find out that the cabin was double booked and another family was unpacking while our stuff was strewn around the cabin. We packed in record time [forgot sippy cups and favorite plates) and decided to just suck it up and drive home rather than search for a hotel for the night. We got home just after 9pm and Addison only slept for an hour on the trip home through pouring rain, dumping snow [pass closed behind us], thick fog, and then dumping rain again... thankfully, we all made it home safe and sound and slept in our warm cozy bed. Mom and Dad are here now and we'll spend some family time together for the next few days, which is much needed... Despite all the craziness - I am so thankful that we were all able to get together to grieve and say goodbye to Grandma.

The house that crabs built...

Hubs and I...

Mom and Dad...

Trouble in the middle...

The spaghetti monster...

A toast to Grandma Cushman...

I can be a bit crabby at times... =]

Exhausted baby...

Grandma and Grandpa are together again... after 17 years.

Graveside...

Goodbye Grandma <3>
Poem I wrote and read for the memorial along with Grandma's favorite ring...

My grandma's favorite ring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews