.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Sunday, March 11, 2012

32 Weeks...


 [and Mommy is the size of a hippo]
How far along? 32 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Hopped on the scale this morning... 148.5. I'm holding on to this side of 150 for as long as I can.

Maternity clothes? Yes, but I live in sweats now so it's more of comfy/cozy than maternity.

Stretch marks? All my old friends are back... I'm ready for their going away party already.

Sleep: I miss sleep. I try to go to bed at a reasonable hour but Cohen gets all wonky as soon as I lie down and keeps me away until at least midnight. I sleep for a few hours, toss and turn, get up to pee, get Addison ready for daycare, and then - after Derek goes to work sometimes I can get another hour or two in. But I'm tired. All. The. Time. 

Best moment this month: Listening to Addison's comments about her baby brother... every once in a while she'll just say something like,  "Mommy, that's for brother..." it makes me happy to hear her talk about him. 

Movement: Every day... I can watch my entire stomach shift from one side to the other as he roles around. If he pushes against my side I can tickle his little feet =] He's still turning pretty regularly, so he's not stuck in 'head down' position yet...

Gender: BOY!!!

Labor Signs: Ugh. Went to work on 2/21 and was there for about ten minutes before I lost a bunch of fluid at once (ick). Called the hospital and was told to come in right away... found out that the fluid was no big deal (no amniotic fluid present) but while I was hooked up to the monitor I was having contractions every three minutes. Dr. H came in and told me that was a no-no and declared bed rest and a high dose of ibuprofen. I was given a shot to stop the contractions that made me feel like awful. Went home and took the pills and a nap and woke up to more contractions. The next day I was put on the same medication I took with Addison for contractions. It seems to have them under control but they are far from gone. So, now it's bed rest and medication until week 36 and then 'limited activity' until baby arrives. Good times. My uterus totally knows how to be hospitable.

Belly Button in or out? Flat. It looks retarded.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, putting on socks without dying, wine, cute clothes. Pretty much everything at this point.

What I am looking forward to: Week 36... then I'm off medications and bed rest and can do stuff around the house without getting yelled at.

Monthly Wisdom: When all else fails, cook something amazing for dinner. It makes you feel better about life.

Milestones: Got the changing table refinished and in the nursery which means I can start forcing Derek to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews