.

.

Stefani's most-fantastical-reads book montage

Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows
Yellow Brick War
The Wicked Will Rise
Charm & Strange
Their Fractured Light
These Broken Stars
NOS4A2
NOS4A2
Big Little Lies
I'll Be There
Red Queen


Stefani's favorite books »

Thursday, May 31, 2012

4 weeks old...

I'm a little late posting this... because I have a two year old and a newborn... which makes proper blogging down-right impossible. However, I figured I had better write this up before he turns 16 and I forget everything that is going on in this sleep deprived haze of a life we're living...




Length: No clue... will update at the two month check up. 
Weight: 7 lbs. 14 oz.
Feeding Schedule: He's eating 3 1/2 ounces every 3 or so hours during the day and goes a little longer at night. We had to give up breastfeeding when he was losing weight and I've just been pumping and giving him breast milk in bottles. I've tried to re-introduce him to nursing these last few days and he isn't having it... apparently it's WAY too much work compared to the easy life of a bottle. It breaks my heart because I really, really wanted it to work out this time around. I'll keep trying but I foresee a lot of time spent with this stupid breast pump in the next several months.  
Sleeping Schedule: I complain a lot about being tired but really we're getting pretty decent sleep. He goes down somewhere between 10pm and 11pm each night, depending on when it's time to eat and usually sleeps until 3am. He eats and goes back to sleep until around 6am when Derek gets up for work. I feed him and try to put him back down but usually we end up watching TV in bed until it's time to go for our jog. He's not really a fan of the morning hours and is pretty grumpy until about noon. After noon he likes to nap away the afternoon in-between feedings. Then, it's bedtime again... rinse and repeat. 
Milestones: Starting to hold his head up and looking around, tracking objects with his eyes, cooing {SO sweet!}...
Best Moment This Month: There have been too many this month to count... giving birth {I know that probably sounds like something that isn't fun but honestly, even with all the pain and anxiety it is the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced}, meeting Cohen for the first time, watching Addison become a big sister, falling in love with a child all over again..
Loves: Snuggling, naps, clean diapers {so he can fill them up}, the sound of the shower, holding our fingers while he eats...
Hates: Car seats, burping, pooping, being swaddled, waking up, the mid-morning hours, not being held...
What We're Looking Forward To: That first genuine smile :)

I remember holding Addison and trying to memorize how tiny her feet were and promising myself I'd never forget... this time around, I'm taking evidence. His little feet fit against my thumbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews